All Saints Church
With the anticipated growth in the local population, the need for a new church to serve the western part of Mortlake parish was first considered in 1902.
Major Shepherd-Cross MP lived at Palewell Lodge and agreed to bequeath a plot of land on East Sheen Avenue to the parish. In the summer of 1912, an initial grand money-raising event was held in the grounds of East Sheen Lodge, and £750 was raised. This was the beginning of the new church fund.
Shepherd-Cross died in 1913 and so the land in East Sheen became available. However, the building of the church was postponed because of the First World War.
When the Rev. Tupper became vicar in 1918 the parish had committed to building a new church in East Sheen and the building of All Saints began. The architects were JE Newberry and CW Fowler. The foundation stone was laid by the Duchess of York on 24 October 1928 and the church was consecrated on All Saints Day the following year. A fire destroyed much of the nave in 1963, and the roof was later rebuilt.